About Our Team
The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, service, and industry leadership to feed the world in a healthy way.
Our Nature's Partner brand represents the core of what we do: a partnership with our people, customers, growers, and the land and its fruits. Products packed under the Nature's Partner label represent some of the highest-quality fruits and vegetables in the marketplace, having met strict standards for food safety, quality control, and flavor. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com .
We have an immediate need for a Citrus Sales Representative to join our team with experience in the produce industry. Giumarra is growing their domestic citrus program and plan to expand Giumarra Co.’s current citrus import commodities. The combination of these synergies (both domestic and import) opens the door to offering citrus 52 weeks a year to our customer base. We are seeking an experienced citrus sales representative to work within our citrus sales team. This person will develop, maintain and service a customer base, and will also be key in communicating information within our global citrus team.
The position is located in Reedley, CA and is salary based (DOE), with optional medical, dental, 401k benefits, and paid vacation and sick time. Employee will report to the Vice President, Corporate.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume to HR@giumarra.com or directly on Joe Produce “Apply Now” link.
The responsibilities below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job, including but not limited to:
- Tracking market trends, competitor information and ultimately identifying business opportunities.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure client satisfaction at all times.
- Assess market potential and identify new business opportunities.
- Research data and use intuition and experience to provide knowledge-based solutions to customers.
- Leverage customer knowledge to identify business opportunities.
- Constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks in order to recommend tactical strategies.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships.
- New customer development.
- Manage pricing and inventories ensuring the highest return to growers.
- Support supply chain efforts to establish and develop seasonal programs for customers.
- Sales administration duties, including follow up, rejection, claims management and order entry.
- At least 7 years of successful experience selling fresh produce, developing short- and long-term business solutions with major retail chains.
- Experience should include extensive retail key-account business development and account management, working directly with retailers and wholesalers (domestic and international).
- Possess high degree of initiative, proactive networking skills, and abilities.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines, while carrying out multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to change, and able to work in fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with customers, and vendors, both over the phone and in person.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and institutional hierarchies.
- Ability to solicit and develop new and long lasting professional relationships with customers and general trade.
- Strong typing skills, with knowledge of standard computer programs including, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (if needed).
- Must have reliable transportation.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.