About the Giumarra Companies
The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, reliability and innovation to feed the world in a healthy way. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com
About the position
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented candidate with excellent active listening skills and strong analytical skill to recognize various problems while finding a quick resolve for this “hands on” position. The position will be located in Nogales, AZ, and this is a seasonal position starting on 05/01/22 through 07/22/22. The primary role of this position will include but is not limited to performing some administrative and operational duties as required or assigned. This is an entry level, full time position with long term growth potential for the ideal candidate. Giumarra Companies offers paid vacation, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life & LTD and 401k retirement plan to those who are qualified as full time regular or full time regular equivalent employees. This position will could also become eligible to transfer to our Long Beach, CA location once season ends (depending on performance).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists sales and operational staff in carrying out various procedures and programs for the business growth and operations of the division in a team environment.
- Tracking daily shipments, processing invoices daily, and running inventory and sales reports as needed.
- Coordinate re-export paperwork for NZ, Canada, and other international markets.
- Learning about our grape’s quality, condition, and proper handling of fruit.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, support staff and various business contacts while maintaining the integrity and spirit of the Nature’s Partner brand.
- May also provide other related duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree at minimum with general understanding of business concepts, practices and procedures. Agribusiness or Business Degree is preferable.
- Excellent oral, written and phone communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with people in various situations and cultures.
- Proficient in general computer skills specifically Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- The ability & willingness to learn from others.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to work, some Saturday’s will be required.
The work schedule required for this position will be:
- Monday – Friday : 6am – 5pm
- Saturday 7am – 1pm
Compensation: $850 per week
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds when necessary.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To be considered, include a cover letter that describes how you meet the qualifications of the position. It is recommended that you include your resume and cover letter as one document. Applications will be accepted until enough qualified candidates are reached. Please submit your documents to Fernando.Soberanes@Giumarra.
Giumarra Companies in partnership with ADP Totalsource is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans' status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy or union activity. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The organization is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.