The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, reliability and innovation to feed the world in a healthy way. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented candidate with excellent active listening skills and strong analytical skills to support our Accounting team as a Grower Accountant. Position located in Los Angeles Produce Market (between Alameda & Olympic Blvd).
The Grower Accountant is responsible for performing various routine and non-routine grower accounting activities. This includes performing accurate and timely payments to growers as well as performing proper accounting of all grower related costs, crop investment activities through grower settlement, and accurate and timely account reconciliations. This position will also provide specialized calculations, perform ledger postings and other related accounting functions as they relate to grower accounting and the settlement process. Must be able to provide operational accounting support to internal departments, company subsidiaries and cross-functional groups.
- Document and reconcile accounting activities from custom developed grower settlement application.
- Complete weekly calculations, system inputs and reconciliation of charges to the growers.
- Perform necessary weekly grower settlement functions.
- Provide guidance, support and direction to other functional groups pertaining to the grower accounting and inventory processes. Coordinate and assist with the month-end closing to ensure the reporting of accurate and timely month end results.
- Will be cross-trained in other accounting functions as required.
- Will work in cross-functional teams as required to improve processes used to complete the responsibilities of the position and other areas in the company.
Bilingual a plus (English and Spanish).
Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications (MS Excel) is required.
A self-starter, ensure delegated tasks are completed with minimal supervisor follow up. Proactively communicate task and project updates to supervisor.
Communicate with and assist Division managers as well as other department personnel as needed.
Discreet handling of all business matters.
Coordinate work flow effectively, efficiently, and neatly with a high level of attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills.
Excellent analytical skills are an integral component in carrying out required duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
- Minimum Associates Degree, focused in accounting or finance is highly desired; equivalent experience is required.