Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Customer Service Representative to support the Sales Team by managing customer satisfaction, strengthening our company’s reputation, and increasing our brand visibility in retailers and wholesalers across the nation. This role reports to the Sales Administrator.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. As the Customer Service Representative, you will provide customer service and administrative support to the Sales team and collaborates with members of the Sales, Marketing, and Operations. This role will also be responsible for communicating frequently with customers to ensure we are executing orders effectively and customers are satisfied with our products and level of service.
What You'll Do
Proactively reach out to customers on a daily to ensure orders are placed accurately and on time
Enter orders into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and track customer data using CRM tools
Enter and maintain accurate customer records in CRM
-Account Management and New Business
- Field calls and emails related to sales orders
- Follow up with existing and prospective customers in response to inquiries
- Provide sales support and pursue opportunities to expand sales through existing customers and new prospects
-Reporting and Analysis
- Create and manage weekly sales reports, oversee administration of trade planners, develop merchandising/product demonstration reports, and conduct other sales operations-related tasks in close collaboration with other members of the Sales team
- Set up and manage paper and electronic filing systems; record information; update paperwork; and maintain documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material
- Develop and recommend solutions based on weekly sales and order change reports
-Act as an Internal Laison
- Deliver excellent customer service and serve as a sales liaison to Supply Chain/Logistics teams
- Partner with the Marketing and Sales Team to ensure awareness of all customer promotions
- Partner with the Finance team to resolve billing and payment disputes
-Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 5+ years’ experience in customer service, administration, and support
- Prior experience in a consumer goods company, ideally working in the capacity of grocery retail and wholesale distribution; prior experience in the natural and organic food industry and/or consumer health and wellness is a plus, but not required
- Highly proficient with strong computer skills digital tools such as MS Office, Teams, Salesforce, Asana, etc.
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Prior knowledge working in a CRM required. Experience in ERP or inventory management systems
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Must be impeccably organized and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high- tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate can work out of any of our greenhouse facilities which are located in the greater New York City area, Chicago, IL, Providence, RI, Baltimore, MD, Denver, CO, or Solano, CA.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.