Greco and Sons takes pride in its vast product line of the most recognized quality brands in the market while providing exceptional service levels and affordability to restaurants, pizzerias, hotels, country clubs, quick serve establishments, bars, schools and grocery stores.
We now have an opening for a Senior Produce Purchaser to join our team in Phoenix, AZ.
The Senior Produce Purchaser will have the overall responsibility for the operational performance of the company’s product sourcing and procurement of produce products. Oversees the purchasing, quality, pricing and turnover of items to meet the strategic goals of the company. Successes will be measured through achieving targeted company and management initiatives and meeting operational and financial benchmarks. The selected candidate will be required to integrate with the existing buying group.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field, preferred
- 10 or more years’ of food service-related procurement experience
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of food products, suppliers, retailers, vendors, market pricing factors, and quality indicators
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of food industry to forecast product prices and seasonal availability
- Advanced understanding of how to lead and develop teams by building mutual trust, respect and cooperation amongst team members
- Excellent communication, relationship building and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative ability
- Demonstrated solid working knowledge of Microsoft Applications, including Word & Excel (including spreadsheets)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.