GreenFruit Avocados is a 3rd generation grower and packer of Mexican and Colombian Hass Avocados. We’re looking to add a salesperson to our premier and growing sales team. The ideal candidate understands the importance of being a team player and will come to us with new and creative ideas about how to grow sales and develop new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate is a positive, confident communicator with strong presentation and people skills. The best candidate will have an outgoing energetic personality and be a professional multitasker who can solve problems creatively and quickly when necessary.
- Call on current clients, present new products, and prospect new business.
- Develop new accounts through phone calls, emails, and occasional travel.
- Receive orders and process sales, which includes tracking inventory and processing purchase orders.
- Follow up on orders, document any trouble, and ensure that all complaints and problems are recorded and handled properly according to P.A.C.A regulations.
- Create and present PowerPoint presentations for sales meetings.
- Some travel required.
- Understanding of FOB sales.
- Required computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 3-5 years of produce sales experience. Avocado experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience, learning mindset, detail oriented, and a solid work ethic in a 24/7 working environment.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Negotiating skills.
- An understanding of logistics, warehousing, and the supply chain.
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills including Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of various produce sales systems.
- A forward thinker, able to foresee issues/opportunities and potential roadblocks.