Do you want to be part of an dynamic agricultural team and have a vision for growth and improvement all the while enjoying a pleasant work environment?
Greenheart’s Management approach has maintained its position in the industry for over 40 years and this history of stability has helped to share our Values and Culture is reflected in all of our work and products. We work closely with our business partners (we refer to “Our Growers”) to successfully grow quality plants. We are excited to be unveiling our new engineered transplanter machine to the industry. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is inspired and shares the same passion for the agriculture culture to help us make it grow together... If you would like to establish yourself as a leader in this company, please contact us.
Do these responsibilities inspire you?
- Lead the Vegetable Seedlings market. You will work on strategy development, profitability, action plans, etc.
- Be responsible for the profit and loss of all business units.
- Lead all aspects of the business
Is this role for you?
- You are charismatic, entrepreneur, visionary and business-development-oriented. You are a good communicator and you have the ability to develop relationships with people. On that note, you are a team player and team-focused.
- You are focused on sales, profits and results, which means you can deal with financial statements.
- You are an inspirational leader that leads by example. You are organized and you like to go out in the field with team members or clients.
- You are customer-centric. You are also able to inspire team members to preserve our client promise over time.
Being a Greenheart team member means playing with a dynamic team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
At Greenheart, a vibrant culture means empowerment, excellence in teamwork and a passion for what you do. If you are ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please bring your drive, ambition and talent to Greenheart, and let’s partner together!
Greenheart Farms, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking an experienced leader and business development oriented General Manager who has experience in the California agriculture vegetable industry. The General Manager will have overall responsibly to plan, organize, direct and coordinate activities of managers engaged in all aspects of nursery products and services. The CEO may assign other duties to be completed by the General Manager.
- Lead strategy meetings and ensure goals are on track.
- Ascertain that product lines attain corporate goals.
- Promote business relationships within agriculture community.
- Maximize production space and materials.
- Expand and improve current customer base and crop quality.
- Work with CFO on budgets and forecasting.
- Technology and equipment improvement.
- Comply with all federal, state, regulatory requirements. Stay up to date on new legislation and change internal processes/reporting to comply
- Provides Information, reports and/or studies as requested by CEO or Board Resolutions.
Directly supervise management team by executing supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training managers; the planning, assigning, and directing of managerial work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word
- Planning, organization, and implementation skills with the ability to define, analyze, and resolve issues quickly and accurately.
- Strong skills in executive coaching and leadership development are highly desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Valid CA driver license and insurable driving record.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B. A.)/Masters in Agricultural Business Management
- 10+ years experience in California Agribusiness Industry.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.