To assist supervisor in the planting operations and oversee the planting in his absence.
Must be able to perform all functions of a Planting employee. Travel to different fields. This description reflects the principal function of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience with seed spider planters and planting techniques.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees. Must be Bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Must be computer oriented and/or willing to be trained on company systems.
- Must have the ability to travel as required to planting areas which include: Bakersfield and surrounding areas. Extensive in-state and out of state travel will be required 4 to 5 months out of the year.
- Must possess good mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Organized and able to work independently without supervision.
Must pass drug/ alcohol screen and physical, functional capacity evaluation.