As THE produce industry veteran in the gulf coast community, Gulf Coast Produce continues to be the trendsetter for this area by showing our customers they are our number one priority with safe, high quality products delivered on time.
Gulf Coast Produce is the largest independently operated Fresh Produce Wholesaler in the state of Mississippi. With revenue of over 30 million dollars projected for calendar year 2019, we are uniquely poised for deeper market penetration in Mississippi and Louisiana. Major developments in our market have already added 4 million in revenue since October 2018 and the opportunities continue to blossom.
This growth has put significant pressure to bear on our existing operational SOPs. Change is the order of the day. To that end, we have put money into completely changing our software operating platform with a wholesale change to the warehouse management system coming next.
The right candidate for our Night Shift Manager will be positioned to take a blank slate in operating procedures and build something new to their specifications. Come and join our team in Biloxi, MS, and grow with us! Relocation expenses negotiable for the right candidate.
- Walk warehouse prior to shift start to look for any obvious shortages of product heading into the night’s workload
- Print Short Report for upcoming shift to identify what products are going to be a challenge
- Look in inventory menu to find if any short product is ordered and inbound for the night shift’s use
- Identify which trucks are inbound for the evening-Print POs, Receivers, Pallet Tags, Lot Stickers
- Walk cooler and identify PRE PULL PALLETS created by Day Shift—note affected routes for later reference
- Clear voice mails for orders and enter orders (normally a separate staff function, but is required occasionally)
- View Routes and Sequence, make adjustments to either
- Print Picking Tickets< Stickers<Load Reports for routes
- Identify number of pallets required per route and assign appropriate truck to handle load
- Brief order pullers on challenges for the shift
- Distribute Work Orders for pulling
- Walk floor and spot check staff on critical care pulls throughout the shift—make changes when needed
- Audit pallets prior to wrap and storage for accuracy and quality
- Assign trucks to dock doors and back them in if needed
- Load trucks with audited pallets in order of distribution (last in front, first in back)
- Make necessary invoice adjustments based upon quality concerns, or shortage of product
- Print invoices and manifests for delivery drivers by route
- Assure that FIFO procedures are followed throughout the night with regards to pallets being pulled out of the air and inbound product being stored on dock during the night
- Offload and receive any overnight inbound if no receiving personnel is scheduled for work
- Assign room cleaning to available staff—monitor if it is executed and completed before transferring shift to day supervision
- Minimum 3 years in Warehouse Management or Operations Management in a produce or similar food distribution or production facility
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency is all standard Microsoft Based computer platforms for Office Functions
- Proficiency in Produce Pro and Thyme Management Software a strong plus
- Ability to supervise, coach, and motivate up to 12 employees