Harvest Sensations is an industry leader in fresh produce innovation. The famous Harvest Sensations brand stands for premium quality, great tasting core conventionally grown products, amazing organically grown products, specialties and herbs from around the world, and services from our state-of-the-art facilities in both Los Angeles, CA and Miami, FL.
We are able to ship by truck or air cargo and all of our facilities undergo strict third party audits, daily shelf life testing, and HACCP training to ensure excellence in service.
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Sales Associate to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
The Sales Associate is responsible for building long-lasting, loyal client relationships, while endorsing and cross-selling new products to our existing and potential customers. This individual must have extensive produce knowledge and should possess a measurable familiarity with asparagus and herbs. Agricultural experience, a plus. The Sales Associate will be responsible for both retaining existing business and ensuring renewals with the goal of expanding those customer relationships while ensuring consistent client satisfaction.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Be able to manage and solve conflicts with clients.
- Interact and coordinate with the sales team and other staff members, as needed. Must be able to be a team player.
- Participate in establishing budgets.
- Meet timely deadlines for assigned accounts and be able to work in a very fast pace environment.
- Completes proactive customer “good will” calls and ensure excellent adequate follow up.
- Anticipate customer needs and track customer spend, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Meet and/or exceed assigned quarterly and annual sales and retention goals.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to develop business cases, presentations and proposals.
- Demonstrate positive Company positioning.
- Periodic travel, as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently stand and walk.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment is usually fast paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Field of work includes offices and in some instances the warehouse and surrounding grounds.
- Limited hazards due to visits to warehouse and surrounding areas.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience as Sales Associate or Sales Coordinator in produce industry or similar industry.
- English required, bilingual preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow up and organization.
- Excellent computer skills and social media savvy; knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Famous, etc.
- Sense of imperativeness applicable to perishable product.
- Highly organized, efficient, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (both verbal and written, interpersonal and proper phone etiquette).
- Shows consistent professionalism and good judgment.
- Proven track record of established sales, cold calls, and/or account management success.
- Diverse Produce Industry knowledge and capability to apply appropriate produce trading practices.
- Generate sales for a portfolio of accounts and reach the Company's sales target.