Harvest Sensations is an industry leader in fresh produce innovation. The famous Harvest Sensations brand stands for premium quality, great tasting core conventionally grown products, amazing organically grown products, specialties and herbs from around the world, and services from our state-of-the-art facilities in both Los Angeles, CA and Miami, FL.
We are able to ship by truck or air cargo and all of our facilities undergo strict third party audits, daily shelf life testing, and HACCP training to ensure excellence in service.
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Associate to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
The Sales Associate is responsible for building long-lasting, loyal client relationships, while endorsing and cross-selling new products to our existing and potential customers. This individual must have extensive produce knowledge and should possess a measurable familiarity with asparagus and herbs. Agricultural experience, a plus. The Sales Associate will be responsible for both retaining existing business and ensuring renewals with the goal of expanding those customer relationships while ensuring consistent client satisfaction.
- Proactively develop and maintain client base.
- Schedule sales calls for new and existing clients.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Be able to manage and solve conflicts with clients.
- Supports, promotes, and manages all company programs and contracts for assigned customers.
- Interact and coordinate with the sales team and other staff members, regularly.
- Meet timely deadlines for assigned accounts and be able to work in a very fast pace environment.
- Reviews and analyzes weekly reports, follows up as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Regularly studies market conditions, trends, and market pricing.
- Completes proactive customer “good will” calls and ensure excellent adequate follow up.
- Anticipate customer needs and track customer spend, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Meet and/or exceed assigned quarterly and annual sales and retention goals.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to develop business cases, presentations and proposals.
- Generate sales for a portfolio of accounts and reach the Company's sales target.
- Demonstrate positive Company positioning.
- Periodic travel, as needed.
Minimum 5 years previous experience as Sales Associate or Sales Coordinator in produce industry or similar industry.
English required, bilingual preferred.
Exceptional attention to detail, follow up and organization.
Excellent computer skills and social media savvy; knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Famous, etc.
Must possess an understanding of market conditions, trends, and market pricing.
Some experience in A/R Management, a plus.
Sense of imperativeness applicable to perishable product.
Highly organized, efficient, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
Demonstrates excellent communication skills (both verbal and written, interpersonal and proper phone etiquette).
Shows consistent professionalism and good judgment.
Proven track record of established sales, cold calls, and/or account management success.
Diverse Produce Industry knowledge and capability to apply appropriate produce trading practices.