HarvestPort is seeking a Grower Relations Manager. You’ll own and service key grower accounts, with a focus on bringing value back to the grower. Your main focus will be to help growers plan and procure the right inputs, from crop protection to fertilizer to new and novel products, at the most optimal time for both sides of the supply chain, growers and suppliers. You’re passionate about startups and making an impact in ag through technology. You have an ag background, education or in-field experience, and thrive on delighting growers and attention to detail.
The position works with our Director of Grower Relations, who oversees the servicing of all HarvestPort grower customers. You’ll provide operational support to the Grower Relations team. You’re a self-starter and need minimal oversight once onboarded. You’re passionate about delighting customers and have a laser focus on customer experience. You’re technology skills are excellent and you have proven experience interfacing with growers or agricultural stakeholders.
You’ll be expected to provide recommendations and implement procedures to make operational tasks more efficient for the operator.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Grower Relations on HarvestPort’s personalized procurement process and servicing goals
- Execute all orders for accounts across a diverse set of regional and national retailers
- Place orders accurately and on time to meet HarvestPort and grower requirements
- Secure and record pricing for branded and generic inputs and determine accurate quantities based on a forecast plan
- Develop and track grower forecasts and budgets using the HarvestPort platform
- Keep meticulous records on all transactions
- Maintain positive working relationships with growers and vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture Business or related field required
- Prior work experience in agriculture or procurement.
- Prior knowledge of commodities & types of applications
- Working knowledge of logistics of agricultural inputs
- Ability to analyze raw data and formulate actionable insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Adaptable but organized, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at working with a remote team
- Interest in commercial farming, the food supply chain, and sustainable agricultural practices