Highline Vision and Values
Passionately nourish people, community and environment, through embracing our core values of integrity, excellence, care, respect, effort, openness and fairness, in all activities.
Build, maintain and cultivate trusted relationships with assigned accounts while achieving set sales and profitability goals. Strategic and pro-active professional sales development using relationships, collaboration and excellent customer service.
Account Management & Growth (50-80% of the time)
- Retain and strategically grow Highline’s sales volume through effective management and development of assigned accounts along with identifying and acting upon new business opportunities
- Meet assigned sales expectations, profitability and actively assist team in meeting the sales and profitability targets, including active selling of surplus product and managing shortages in conjunction with the Sales Team
- Manage accounts as the main point of contact using timely and customized internal communication and coordination for ad planning, category reviews, problem solving and participating in customer meetings or attending customer events
- Negotiate pricing, contracts and programs in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Manage/monitor internal business plans to effectively meet customer needs and deadlines
- Frequently update the Director of Sales and Marketing to ensure all activities are coordinated and prioritized
- Actively participate as a member of the Sales and Marketing Team, bringing opportunities, insights and ideas to the team in a collaborative way
- Participate in departmental activities providing hands-on account needs as required for demo’s, sample coordination, food shows, and product development/assistance
Strategic Market Development (50-80% of the time)
- Develop sale strategies and action plans for attaining or exceeding sales and profit goals at both a customer and corporate level
- Conduct customer reviews and participate in strategic account planning with assigned customers
- Work with a variety of data sources (internal sales reports, market trends) to develop an in-depth understanding of the market and suggest avenues for growth to customers and Highline
- Stay abreast of market trends, mushroom industry trends and fluctuating consumers demands
- Identify new customers and potential business opportunities, which are in-line with Highline’s goals
- Pursue and develop new customer and business opportunities as directed
Customer Service & Account Maintenance (40-50% of the time)
- Communicate assigned customer’s needs, issues, and opportunities internally and assist in the creation of customized plans to address each. Follow-up and ensure customer needs are addressed and projects remain on time
- Act as the main point of communication with assigned customers: effectively communication, shorts, business opportunities, updates on projects etc.
- Work with farm operations and packaging to communicate orders and direct the allocation of product to customer orders
- Assist the Sales Distribution Team in the movement and management of excess/shortage
Safety (100% of the time)
- Adhere to the Safety Policies, including use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
- Report unsafe conditions immediately to Direct report or member of the Safety team
- Report all incidents, injuries or near misses immediately to Direct report or Safety Advocate
- Cooperate in the Early & Safe Return to Work Program if an injury or medical illness requires accommodation
Other Duties (Not more than 2% of the time)
- As reasonably requested in aid of Highline operations or culture compliance, perform any other duties that may be assigned
- Provide meaningful recommendations for continual improvement or innovation
- Help with special events as requested
Code of Conduct (100% of the time)
- Embrace and support the Highline culture and values, acting as brand ambassador at all times
- Minimum eight (8) years sales experience working with major retail accounts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Successful track record of building strong, trusted relationships
- Solid understanding of grocery and fresh food business operations and processes
- Ability to build trustworthy professional relationships at multiple levels throughout the Customer’s organization and the confidence to present and interact with Senior Management
- Proactive, team player with the ability to work effectively with all key stakeholders and help drives sales initiatives/requirements within the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Sales forecasting tools and CRM solutions are highly desired
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Fluent in written and verbal English, other languages are an asset.
Required On-The-Job Training:
- Orientation training, including, Food Safety, Attendance Policy, Conduct Policy, AODA, WHMIS, Incident Response and Reporting, Emergency Response Plan, Return to Work and Disability Management, Ergonomic Policy and the Highline
- Stretching Program, Workplace Violence, Harassment, Sexual Harassment and Bullying Policy, Health and Safety Policy and MOL Worker Awareness.
- Other training as self-identified for professional development or skill enhancement or identified by Highline.
- Must be able to work in British Columbia and/or Alberta, and able to travel within Canada and the USA
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrable strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and accuracy, appropriately balanced with the need to complete tasks
- Above average analytical skills and the ability to problem solve
- Capable of independent and self-guided work
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently, is self-motivated and adaptable to a changing environment
- Professional behaviors, specifically maintaining confidentiality and sensitive information