Hitchcock Farms proudly serves as a recognized leader among California produce companies. Headquartered in the heart of the beautiful Salinas Valley with the cool waters of the Monterey Bay as our backdrop. Our operations are centered in the internationally renowned Salad Bowl of the World.
In 1989 we joined several other long-established families with the same rich farming heritage to form a company with a shared love for the land and respect for its sustainable bounty. Today, Hitchcock Farms provides romaine hearts, Brussels Sprouts, baby Iceberg Babies™ and more to foodservice operations across the U.S. and Canada.
Hitchcock Farms Inc., a grower, packer, shipper of high-quality produce, has an immediate Sales Manager opening in its Salinas Headquarters. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining existing accounts and for maximizing long-term growth. The Sales Manager is focused on sustaining its revenues through the continuation of customer relationships, building customer base, and for developing new product offerings.
- Set and manage the Sales Team’s short and long-term goals; ability to create performance metrics towards continuous improvement
- Responsible for managing compliance of all sales contracts/programs. This includes but is not limited to monitoring/management of trigger clauses
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, weather-related impacts, and competitors
- Forecast and project expected volume for existing and new items
- Monitor/Identify any/all loss of business, determine root cause and setup recovery plans
- Develop and maintain customer lists by commodity to be used in times of product shortages
- Generate daily outbound sales calls in conjunction with email contact to customer prospects
- Track territory results and trends regularly for business analysis and forecasting
- Coordinates with harvesting, production, and shipping operations on product availability
- Contributes to team effort to accomplish effective and timely results
- Provide Sales input for long-term strategic planning and obtain new business through qualified sales leads and customer referrals to maximize long-term success and profitability
- Maintain Sales Team’s results by serving as focal point to counsel and discipline employees; plan, monitor, and appraise job results
- Attend trade shows to represent the company while promoting the company’s objectives
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies
- Manage sales strategies and coordinates projects as directed by General Manager
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior level Sales-related position in an agricultural or produce industry
- Ability to inspire and motivate a Team of direct reports to achieve department goals and vision
- Balance strengths and weaknesses of different options to decide the best course of action
- Interaction and collaboration is a large part of this management position.
- Has a good work ethic, is cost efficient, and ability to think critically
- Manage and prioritize several projects at once
- Assimilate and work effectively within the Company culture
- Functional in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience working with ERP platforms; Famous Software is preferred
- Strong verbal and writing abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or marketing or have equivalent work experience in the agriculture/produce industry