Hungry Harvest is the nation's leading brand fighting food waste and hunger by delivering farm to doorstep rescued produce. We believe that no produce should go to waste and no person should go hungry. In just 4 years, we've rescued over 10 million pounds of produce from going to waste and supported local hunger-solving organizations with over 850,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. And we're just getting started. Our family is made up of our team, heroes, farmers, and community; and we’ve got our family’s back.
As the Director of Purchasing, you will be responsible for managing and supporting the efforts of the Hungry Harvest procurement team. We are looking for a dynamic team player with solid management experience in the produce industry. The ideal candidate will love solving challenges, leading a team, and rolling up their sleeves to achieve department goals.
- Lead and develop a team of five. Help grow the department as the company expands.
- Oversee and ensure that the department is consistently meeting metrics.
- Reinforce standards for quality produce.
- Establish a strong process to support accurate purchasing through understanding customer preferences and forecasting.
- Introduce new systems for monitoring and maintaining inventory vs. demand in a way that contributes to minimal shrink/waste and optimal product usage.
- Understand our products and customer preference to support strong sales and high customer satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure communication flows accurately and effectively.
- Support the Customer Experience department in all cross departmental activities.
- Automate communication processes between procurement and other departments.
The Goods You're Bringing:
- 8-10 years management experience in the produce industry.
- Knowledgeable about retail and market trends as well as consumer habits.
- Prior experience managing a budget and working closely with finance.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate cross-departmentally.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results.
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done; entrepreneurial spirit /can do attitude.
- Extremely flexible and adaptable; adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- High level of personal and professional organization.
- Tech savvy; Google Sheets and Excel proficiency is required.