Index Fresh uses a hands-on approach that places value in honesty, integrity and good old-fashioned common sense. We believe a handshake is as good as a contract and that consistency and reliability aren’t merely important, they’re required. And when it comes to delivering results to our growers and trading partners, we believe in keeping promises, because when the Index Fresh and AvoTerra label is on an avocado, you’ll know you picked the best.
We now have a tremendous opportunity for an Avocado Buyer to join our team in Riverside, CA.
The Avocado Buyer is responsible for the development and execution of buying strategies to support the short-term and long-term revenue objectives. Responsible for the execution of all functions related to avocado buying. This includes negotiating price, volume and pack style for weekly shipments from Latin America.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelors Degree in business administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years of progressive experience in fresh produce sourcing.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of produce commodities, suppliers, market pricing factors and quality indicators.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving ability with the ability to execute solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to build effective working interdepartmental relationships to achieve desired results for the company.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel; experience with Prophet software a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally required.
- Fully bilingual English/Spanish (speak, read, write) required.
This is a great opportunity to take your produce career to the next level, with a recognized leader in the industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.