The Payroll Specialist is responsible for accurately and efficiently reconcile, calculate, and process payroll on a weekly basis.
This is a non-managerial position and works under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, use hands/fingers to handle and type, power grasp, simple grasping, fine manipulation, feel, talk, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to bend neck, bend waist, twist waist, push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., occasionally required to reach above shoulder level and below shoulder level, and climb stairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to work indoors in an administrative office environment as well as occasional visits to the field.
- Review and verify weekly employee time sheet/timekeeping data and make corrections as needed.
- Perform administrative functions of 401K plan.
- Incorporate a variety of deductions into a periodic payroll.
- Ensure accurate weekly, quarterly, and annual payroll taxes filed and paid in timely manner.
- Annual processing of W-2s in timely manner.
- Weekly reporting of pertinent payroll data to executive team.
- Provides administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of company data and employee records.
- Maintain accurate payroll records.
- Issue pay and pay-related information to employees.
- Obtain supervisory approval of time card discrepancies.
- Obtain overtime approvals.
- Calculate commissions.
- Process garnishment requests.
- Process employee advances and paybacks.
- Process and close periodic payrolls.
- Process employment verifications.
- Process charge tags
- Other activities as directed by the employer, from time to time.
- Minimum education equivalent to two years of college or 3 years related experience in payroll processing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be bilingual (English- Spanish).
- Experience in employment law and regulatory compliance.