IPG is looking to expand our sales team!
We are seeking a motivated individual with a college degree who is looking to be a sales assistant with a well-established International Produce Company.
If you are highly motivated and detail-oriented with good people skills apply today!
As the Sales Assistant you will report directly to our team of sales professionals. You will not only be providing sales assistance and support to the sale team but also will coordinate logistics for multiple sales professionals.
You will need to be well versed in ocean freight logistics, including trucking, coordinating with packing house, making steamship bookings, and vessel planning. Also this candidate will have the ability to process sales orders, both air and sea.
This is an opportunity with a quickly growing company, and a very family oriented atmosphere.
Responsibilities & Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Verbal/written communication with suppliers & transportation agencies.
- Select carriers for transportation and negotiate rates and manage contracts with carriers.
- Respond to and resolve complaints and problems.
- Keep sales team up to date on shipping carriers, routes and rates, and any changes to them.
- Communicate with truckers, dispatch trucks, follow through on orders, make bookings with ocean carriers, vessel planning.
- Sales order processing; coordinating export documentation; transportation and logistics; processing high volume of sales orders (AIR/SEA) quickly and efficiently.
- Export transportation and logistics.
- Agricultural industry.
- Famous computer system.
- Sales support.
- Shipping management including dispatch of sales orders.
- Vessel planning/scheduling/tracking.
- Managing shipment of a high volume of sales.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.