Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever growing population. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator, headquartered in San Carlos, Ca .with greenhouse production in Gilroy, Ca.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who is experienced in production operations. This person will demonstrate the ability to achieve production targets while controlling costs, achieving quality standards, and continuously improving the execution process. A successful candidate will have a holistic understanding of the many factors that affect production operations while thinking outside the box for problem solving issues. The ideal candidate is motivated, organized with a passion for agriculture, leadership and innovation.
What will you do here?
In the production operation at Iron Ox, you will manage the daily farm operations and be a key member of the Iron Ox team. The Greenhouse Operations Manager will directly manage the workforce of the greenhouse to achieve company objectives, including hiring, firing, labor planning and labor reporting.
Our operations team will be focused on optimizing production in the greenhouse to ensure a consistent and high quality product. You will be leveraging your extensive background in a greenhouse production to make sure you are meeting targets, operating expenses, expansion schedules while training protocols and procedures.
- Accountable for revenue, operating expenses, quality control and daily operation of the facility including production, planning and reporting, labor management, and balancing inputs and demand
- Responsible to develop and train direct labor on protocols and standard procedures
- Manages day to day operations of the greenhouse including staffing, scheduling of direct labor, activities, and inventory control
- Work closely with the Grow and Engineering teams to develop strategies to achieve the mission and lead the greenhouse team in execution of those strategies
- Manages and evaluates job performance of direct labor staff on a continual basis and recognize achievements and correct/address deficiencies or problems
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, orderly and safe greenhouse facility and operation including directing the repair and preventative maintenance of the facility
- Nurtures a work culture environment that promotes open, frequent, and dynamic communication and promotes teamwork to accomplish goals and objectives
- Accountable for coordinating deliveries and finished good supply chain with the Sales Team
- Ensure compliance to food safety, worker safety, and OSHA policies
- Must have 5-10 years’ experience directly managing individuals working on production lines
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Will have 5+ years’ experience in hiring, terminating, promoting and leading hourly employees
- Experience in leading continuous improvement minded organizations
- Candidates should have experience in perishable food production or greenhouse production environments
- Demonstrated efficiency, productivity, attention to detail, accuracy, and results orientated
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work in greenhouse conditions, a wide range of temperatures, humidity, and sunlight
- Strong odors from machinery, sanitizers, isopropyl alcohol, or bleach
- Occasional loud noises from machinery
- Remaining in a seated or standing position for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. regularly, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to bend at the waist, crouch, stoop, squat, and kneel
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.