Jacobs Farm Del Cabo was founded in 1980 as a small organic family farm dedicated to growing fresh, high quality, delicious food without damaging the environment. Today, our unwavering pursuit of social change in sustainable farming practices remains at the core of our company.
We are seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to join our team in either our Vernon, CA or South San Francisco location.
The Logistics Manager is a key leadership position managing a large number of processes and JFDC company interactions. As the Logistics Manager you will coordinate the transport of loads of bulk product and packed product to their end destinations either warehouses, packing facilities, or customers. Be responsible for negotiating the rent, purchase, maintenance, and monitoring of all JFDC transport units. You will also be responsible for customs entries of both bulk product and customer deliveries. You will monitor routes, efficiency, performance, and scheduling of drivers.
Initial focus will be on North America logistics and eventually extend into management of JFDC logistics movements and analysis in Mexico. The Logistics Manager manages vendor and customer relationships assisting both Finance and Sales teams with freight and chargeback analysis. You will also be responsible for coordinating the import, export, shipment, transfer of all packing materials, supplies, machinery, and equipment. You will also act as the liaison for JFDC with various governmental entities in both the USA and Mexico.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Extensive knowledge of Mexican and US customs clearance procedures.
- Preferred knowledge and business experience with operating a truck transport entity
- Extensive inventory management experience
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Must have experienc3e in personnel management, organizational development, warehouse control, purchases, imports-exports, customs and foreign trade laws, in addition to transportation and logistics
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Logistics and transportation, preferably in a fresh produce environment
We offer a competitive compensation package and a tremendous opportunity to advance your career with a well established company.