We are searching for an experienced sales manager who will be responsible for managing sales to multiple customer and customer types including retail, wholesale, processors, and food service. Directly oversee two or more sales professionals and have the ability to coach and mentor new and current team members.
Experience in produce is required and direct onion experience is preferred.
This role will be responsible for understanding current customers’ needs and fulfilling those needs along with developing new business to meet the needs of the company.
- Manage FOB pricing for multiple customers and products
- Understand freight and have to procure freight for customers as needed
- Manage contract and open market customers throughout the season.
- Work on year-round shipping plan and transition timing by customers
- Support Procurement of outside product
- 5 + years of sales experience in the produce industry
- Experience selling ang managing national accounts
- Experience of managing a team
- Microsoft Office experience including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
- Ability to learn ERP system and make data driven sales decisions
- Strong communication skills including ability to communicate effectively both over the phone and through email.
- Strong people skills with ability to make intelligent decisions and solve problems with confidence
- Understanding of produce freight and logistics from multiple shipping areas across the US
- Ability to travel to call on customers throughout the year as needed
- Spanish is desired, but not required
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- 401K retirement with company match