Jealous Fruits is a growing and dynamic company as well as a leader in the tree fruit industry. We currently have 900 producing acres expanding to 1100 within the next two years.
We are seeking energetic and self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills capable of empowering people in a team environment. If you enjoy working outdoors and desire an opportunity to work with an expanding company, Jealous Fruits would like to hear from you.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Farm Manager will organize work teams, monitor progress, and ensure quality compliance. During the demands of harvest, he/she will be required to communicate progress to the Operations Manager, ensure fruit is picked in a timely manner, and that the quality of picking meets company standards.
The Farm Manager is responsible for ensuring tasks get done through his/her team; instruct, organize, and coordinate employees during harvest ensuring all guidelines of proper picking practices are being followed; collaborate with the Operations Manager, ensure on-site equipment is well maintained, and ensure employees adhere to company policies and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Farming background and experience in planning and production will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and have technical and practical competence to meet the daily demands of farming.
- Possess a sound knowledge of health and safety standards and a commitment to promoting safe farming practices.
- Ability to work long hours especially during the harvest months of July and August.
- Spanish will be considered an asset.
- Class 5 Driver's License.
Competitive salary based on background.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.