Coral Beach Farms is a fully integrated sweet cherry producer, located in the Okanagan Valley. This growing operation, which maintains several unique geographical locations throughout the Central and North Okanagan Valley, is a leader in its industry with 900 acres of cherries currently in production expanding to 1100 producing acres within the next 3 years. We are seeking energetic and self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills capable of empowering people in a team environment. If you enjoy working outdoors and desire an opportunity to work with an expanding company, Coral Beach Farms would like to hear from you.
We have an immediate opening for a Farm Manager to join our operation.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Farm Manager will organize work teams, monitor progress, and ensure quality compliance. During the demands of harvest, you will be required to communicate progress to the Operations Manager, ensure fruit is picked in a timely manner, and the quality of picking meets company standards. The Farm Manager will manage the worker camp and ensure all employees are following company policies. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented but also keep the big picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
The Farm Manager will:
- Manage employees (team leaders and farm workers) under his/her supervision ensuring job tasks are successfully completed.
- Instruct, organize, and coordinate employees during harvest ensuring all guidelines of proper picking practices are being followed to guarantee fruit quality.
- Collaborate with the Farm Manager to verify day-to-day operations are successfully completed.
- Operate farm equipment when additional help is required.
- Implement strategies to ensure the camp residence remains tidy and all company rules and regulations are being followed.
- Ensure on-site equipment and appliances are properly maintained.
- Make certain employees adhere to company policies as well as work and food safety regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills.
- Farming background and experience in planning and production will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and have technical and practical competence to meet the daily demands of farming.
- Possess a sound knowledge of health and safety standards and a commitment to promoting safe farming practices.
- Ability to work long hours especially during the harvest months of July and August.
- Spanish will be considered an asset.
- On-site housing will be provided (optional).
- Salary based on experience and background.
- Class 5 driver’s license.