J & J Family of Farms is a leading produce distributor strategically positioned as a year-round national supplier since 1983. Our family of farms now grows on over 14,000 acres of farmland and operates packing and cooling facilities throughout the United States. As family farmers, we believe in sustainable and socially responsible farming practices, and in taking care of our people.
Why work for J&J Family of Farms?
- Competitive Compensation.
- We are growing quickly and promote from within.
- Immediate Medical, Dental, Vision and Life.
- 100% Paid Teladoc Service.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid Vacation.
- Company Performance Bonus.
You'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You will be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering quality produce to our customers.
By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you'll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It's a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that's as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as a team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you'll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We'll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
Our Mission: To consistently provide the highest quality produce while delivering unparalleled service and ensuring the highest safety standards for our customers.
Our Values: Attitude, Communication, Cooperation, Leadership, Integrity, Execution
We currently have an opportunity for a Watermelon Salesperson to join our team and be responsible for the development and performance of sales activities. Directs focus towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in-line with company vision and values. Assists in helping to expand the customer base and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and the Sales Team.
- 1-3 years of produce sales experience in the Watermelon category required.
- 1-3 years of Watermelon sales program implementation experience required.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions (Famous) and large, complex organizations.
- Understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Current Book of Business.
- Willingness to travel and work with other professionals.
- Ability to build and maintain Relationships with Customers and Vendors.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Willingness to learn.
Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Agricultural Practices and HACCP programs. Must report to the Food Safety Department or their direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation related to food safety.