Joe Produce is a successful small business focused on marketing and recruiting jobs in the fresh produce business throughout North America. We support a wide variety of jobs and companies, with produce being the commonality.
We’re located in the Sacramento area in beautiful Granite Bay, CA, with a casual and flexible work environment, and a friendly group of people who work hard to exceed our goals every day. We’re excited to announce a great opportunity for an entry-level Marketing, Support and Online Content Specialist to join our team in a part-time or full-time capacity, 30+ hours per week.
As we continue to expand our business, we’re seeking an energetic and motivated individual who will be responsible for balancing various aspects of our business. We’re seeking someone enthusiastic and willing to jump in and learn our business with a “can-do” attitude.
You can grow in this role, provided you have the attitude, skills, performance and desire to learn, grow and create value. As our business grows and evolves, there are opportunities to move into new roles and/or create new roles.
In our dynamic workplace, tasks can vary from day-to-day, so candidates for this position should feel comfortable moving from one task to another on short notice.
Some of the daily activities will include the following:
- Write, copy and/or update job descriptions from various companies for the joeproduce.com website
- Write/edit marketing content for company newsletter and partner newsletter
- Perform quality control of content and edit written material and/or online content for proper grammar, spelling, syntax, etc.
- Assist in the marketing of posted job openings using various social media including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Regularly update each source of social media to target different audiences and time zones as appropriate
- Customer Service: Occasionally write email correspondence, answer questions via email or phone, or direct customers to the right person for the issue at hand
- Assist the Recruiting Department occasionally with writing engaging job marketing material
- Work with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) database including adding and removing content, researching, and updating data
- Pre-screen candidate resumes for clients as needed
- Manipulate various types of files and images: create, edit, save in different formats, upload, download, copy, etc. with basic knowledge of file management using a PC and Google Drive
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Help with sales and/or sales support as needed
An important part of this position will involve updating our company website with new content. This will require skills such as attention to detail, excellent spelling and grammar, and the ability to stay focused in a time-sensitive environment. For this important task, we will provide training, and you should have the ability to learn quickly on the job. This content is crucial to our business and will relate directly to your marketing efforts and responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills including a good working knowledge of file management and manipulation using Word, Excel, and Google Docs. Ideal candidates will have experience with Google Drive , Basic Photoshop (image resizing), experience with a CMS, and Adobe products
- Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to find errors in written material and fix problems accurately and quickly
- Ability to have a flexible schedule with occasional weekend or evening work (working from home is an option for occasional extra hours after training is established and fully completed)
- Ability to work as a collaborative team player
- Quick learner who is focused, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Must be confident and willing to bring new ideas to the table and “think outside the box”
- Outstanding customer service/telephone skills
- Positive and happy
- A great work ethic, a sense of urgency, and the ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality conscious