Koppert Biological Systems, Inc. (KBSI), a subsidiary of Koppert Biological Systems BV in the Netherlands, is the market leader in biological crop protection and natural pollination. We develop and produce state-of-the-art biological systems, used by professional growers throughout the world.
At Koppert, we are only as good as the people and products that make our success possible.
- We are committed to better the health of people and the planet and we make agriculture healthier, safer and more productive.
- Despite its global reach, Koppert remains a family company in which cooperation and respect for people and the environment is very important. We know our work matters!
- In addition to a competitive salary and a very comprehensive benefits package, including four (4) weeks paid time off, 401K, wellness program other perks. the TSR will also receive a company car, cell phone, laptop and a company credit card.
Role includes but is not limited to:
Technical sales and service of biological and pollination product lines to hydroponic vegetable customers in the US. In addition, other clientele will be supported when not traveling to hydroponic customers.
- Develop, implement and support IPM programs at key accounts.
- Keep informed about developments in the hydroponic vegetable sector as it relates to pest / disease challenges and (new) chemical registrations.
- Promote the high level of Koppert service and the added value of our technical expertise.
- Develop new markets and manage existing and prospecting customers.
- Provide accurate product forecasts.
- Other specific duties in other parts of the assigned territory coordinated by the Crop Team Manager.
- BA/BS degree is preferred or similar experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in agriculture or horticulture sales.
- Experience in hydroponic crops as a grower or IPM staff member (>2 years)
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Recognize pests and diseases and be knowledgeable about all aspects of their behavior and control.
- Identify, prioritize, set and achieve objectives and goals – plan individual efficiency.
- Negotiate, mediate and resolve conflicts.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written in English (Spanish is a plus).
- Prepare documents and presentations using Microsoft® Office®.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Farming experience with cucurbits, blueberry, cranberry, soft fruit trees a plus.
- Strong focus on teamwork.
- IPM or CCA certification.
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics and Base CRM.
- Analytical - Synthesizes diverse information from crops, fields and greenhouses; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops solutions. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Management - Manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Develops workable implementation plans.
- Communication - Communicates changes effectively; monitors transition and evaluates results. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and works well in group problem solving situations. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively. Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Education and/or Experience - Four-year degree or equivalent experience. Experience and / or exposure to the green industry is required (agriculture or horticulture). Preferably two to four years related experience directly as a grower or IPM staff member.
- Language Skills - Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to write presentations and technical visit reports for customer communication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management. Spanish/English fluency required.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in graph or written form and deal with several variables.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on excel and working knowledge of Base CRM.