Based in New Jersey, Krass-Joseph is a well-known produce brokerage company which has been operating since 1947. We have an excellent Blue Book Rating of 300M xxxB and we take pride in what we do. We serve the entire Eastern Seaboard with the finest fruits and vegetables.
We are seeking two extremely motivated individuals to join our sales team (one fluent in vegetables, one fluent in fruit) as a Produce Broker in our Hackensack, NJ Office.
The successful candidates will have excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a motivation to contribute to a growing business. They will be detail-oriented and able to analyze changing market factors.
Maintain current customer base.
Cold calling and developing new customers and shippers.
Book orders with customers and shippers.
Provide excellent customer service.
Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions and goals.
- Previous experience with a broker or shipper, and overall knowledge of the produce industry is required.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Quick learner, a logical thinker and team oriented.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent follow-through skills with both customers and shippers.
For the right person, we would entertain having them work remotely several days a week.
We offer an above industry standard commission package and know that every person in our company plays a key role in our success, and we look forward to hearing from qualified candidates who would like to share in that success.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All applications shall remain confidential.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.