LGS is a year-round importer of fresh fruit. They are focused on excellence and have a reputation for maintaining the highest standards of in quality, packaging, service, and food safety. With over 25 years in the business, this company has an industry wide reputation for innovation, taking on new challenges, and providing their retailers with an exceptional year-round supply.
We are looking for a fresh produce sales professional with strong business development experience and a creative approach to marketing who can drive growth along with program and promotions development. This person is goal-oriented, cares about people, loves to ask questions, and builds mutually beneficial relationships with customers. They have a constant emphasis on the company’s core values: quality, integrity, and service.
- Establish annual sales plan in collaboration with the supply group and sales manager
- Develop target customers including strategies and goals
- Manage customer relationships and customer strategy
- Responsible for developing sales presentations, marketing materials and category plans
- Manage and participate in customer and industry trade shows
- Collaborate with sales and product management on behalf of customer needs including supply and service requirements
- Lead all marketing initiatives including consumer and trade
- A minimum of 7 years of business development experience, in fresh produce, with and a proven track record of success cultivating successful relationships with regional and/or national retail and wholesale customers
- Knowledge of selling and marketing fresh produce and/or value-added produce products
- Creative with expertise in consumer and trade marketing
- Experience planning and attending trade shows and events
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Integrity, professionalism, and reliability
- BA Degree preferred
- It is highly preferred that the Business Development Manager is based in the office (New York suburbs) and able to travel up to 40% of the time as needed
- Strong work ethic with hunger to succeed
- A team player with a passion and willingness to learn and grow the industry
- Identify and analyze local market dynamics and pursue new opportunities
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!