Born out of love for fresh produce and a desire to bring the world’s best tasting citrus to U.S. shoppers, LGS Specialty Sales, Ltd. started as a one-man operation that would soon shape the future of fresh produce. The first imported clementine’s from Spain arrived in the U.S. market nearly 30 years ago. Our founder and owner, Luke Sears, was heavily involved in this milestone. As clementine demand and popularity increased over time, we adapted our supply chain to better support our customers’ year-round appetite for sales.
Over time, avocados were added to our product line along with grapes and oranges. Today, we are one of the leading importers, with an industry-wide reputation for innovation and excellence in produce, quality packaging, service, and food safety. Our goal is to share life’s sweetest moments with you by bringing you your favorite fruits from all around the world.
LGS is growing and looking for great people to fit and join our sales team.
While it is true, we have been fortunate and strategic enough to be shipping some of the highest growth categories, we are outpacing that category growth!
As we continue to grow and develop business, we are looking to add an exceptional sales professional to our team. You must be an A-player, goal-oriented, care about people, love to ask questions, support the team and build mutually beneficial relationships with customers. Our core values will need to be implemented in everything you do – quality, integrity, and service.
Our company culture encourages professional growth for individuals and the team. We work hard and like to have fun. We enjoy each other’s company and work as a cohesive team. This is an opportunity to truly get involved in our business, contribute ideas, and build a long-term career within a top shipper. We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package.
New York City! Well, actually we’re close, based in New Rochelle, NY, you can choose the NYC city lifestyle, the urban or rural suburbs. What’s nice about this location is that you can choose the area and lifestyle that fits you. If you’re from the area, here is your opportunity! If you’ve ever wanted to live in or around NYC, here is an amazing opportunity to work for a great company and owner and live the adventure!
LGS has an A-list of customers. The person who fills this role will have the proven ability to manage some of these customers, and provide excellent customer service, including communications and promotions’ management. The expectation is that you’ll “hit the ground running” with your skills and experience providing a solid foundation.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships in the retail, wholesale, and foodservice segments of the fresh produce industry.
- Cooperate, collaborate, and communicate effectively as a member of the team
- Create value added opportunities with new and existing customers
- Formulate innovative marketing strategies to optimize sales growth with each customer
- Maintain consistent communication with customers to effectively service their purchasing and program requirements
- Work with category managers to implement plans of action based on current and projected market conditions for all commodities and import seasons.
- Special marketing projects and initiatives as directed by management.
- Track commodity sales and analyze sales trends of the commodity.
- Work with commodity suppliers to maximize procurement opportunities.
- Analyze/review third party quality inspections and discuss results as needed
- Collaborate with Senior Management on establishing annual goals and establishing a plan to meet and exceed these goals.
- Resolve and minimize claims in a timely manner
- The In depth understanding of the produce industry and retail markets
- 3-8 years of account/sales management experience in the fresh produce industry
- Experience with citrus, avocados, and grapes in an importer capacity.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred
- Proficiency at researching data and using intuition and experience to complement data
- Ability to manage difficult or emotionally charged situations
- Initiative to undertake self-development activities and seek increased responsibilities
- Aptitude to work within a collaborative environment
- Competent at making timely decisions
- Computer proficiency required: complete familiarity with all Microsoft Office applications, experience, inventory, and order fulfillment software plus a readiness to learn new customized software and systems.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.