Ready for growth in your career? Ready to join a team and culture where people look forward to working together each day? Ready to make things happen, take on responsibilities and work with some of the best customers on the planet? Tired of the status quo and being micromanaged? Ready to represent a known and respected leading brand and shipper?
LGS is a year-round shipper of imported fresh fruit. We are focused on excellence, and have a reputation for maintaining the highest standards of quality, packaging, service and food safety. With over 25 years in the business, LGS has earned an industry-wide reputation for innovation, taking on new challenges, and providing retailers with an exceptional year-round supply. While it is true that LGS is fortunate and strategic enough to be shipping some of the highest growth categories, we are outpacing the category growth!
LGS is looking to add an exceptional sales professional to their team. We want an A-Player. This person is goal-oriented, cares about people, loves to ask questions, supports the team and builds mutually beneficial relationships with customers. They have a constant emphasis on the company’s core values – quality, integrity and service.
LGS offers an attractive compensation and benefits package along with a solid company culture that encourages professional growth for individuals and the team. This is an opportunity to truly get involved in a successful business, contribute ideas and build a long-term career with a top shipper.
New Rochelle, NY is really a great place to live, work and play. The office overlooks the Long Island Sound and is a few short steps from the train. You can easily live in the city, or in and around New Rochelle in a smaller town. There are so many choices for city living or suburban life with great schools, neighborhoods and places to raise a family.
Contact Julie Marcik at 855-563-7763 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships in the retail, wholesale and foodservice segments of the fresh produce industry.
- Maintain consistent communication with customers to effectively service their purchasing and program requirements while formulating innovative marketing strategies to optimize sales growth with each customer.
- Work with category managers to implement plans of action based on current and projected market conditions for all commodities and import seasons.
- Special marketing projects and initiatives as directed by the Sales Manager and President.
- Track commodity sales and analyze sales trends of the commodity.
- Establish pricing of the commodity category for which responsible and clearly communicate the pricing to the sales team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with commodity suppliers by communicating market conditions, strategies and inventory status.
- Work with commodity suppliers to maximize procurement opportunities.
- Review, manage and evaluate commodity category inventory status to ensure selling opportunities are maximized and proper inventories are maintained.
- Analyze/review third party quality inspections and discuss results as needed with commodity suppliers.
- Establish, update and present to the sales team and senior management annual commodity budget/projections on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with Sr. Management on establishing annual goals and establishing a plan to meet and exceed these goals.
- Review account of sale liquidations with Controller.
- Perform other related duties to the commodity category as assigned by management.
- A minimum of 5 years of retail account & category management experience, with a proven track record of success.
- Knowledge of selling and marketing fresh produce and/or value-added produce products is highly preferred.
- Computer proficiency required: complete familiarity with all Microsoft Office applications, experience, inventory and order fulfillment software plus a readiness to learn new customized software and systems
- BA Degree preferred.
- Some travel required. This is an office-based position.