Are you passionate about food safety and food quality?
Liberty Fruit Company, Inc. is seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Quality Assurance Manager for our facility located in Kansas City, KS. In this role, you will be responsible for the Quality Assurance Program for the company, which includes distribution, packing and processing. This position has responsibility to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements regarding food quality and food safety in a SQF certified facility. This includes accountability for monitoring and ensuring a high standard of food processing sanitation at the pre-operation and operational stages of production.
The person we’re looking for has:
- BS degree in food science, chemistry or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Industry knowledge in HACCP, GMP’s and SQF.
- Minimum of 3 years as Quality Assurance Supervisor or related role in a produce processing facility.
- Food Safety and Sanitation audit experience required.
- SQF and HACCP certification preferred.
- GFSI Certified Practitioner preferred.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Competitive salary package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at competitive rates
- STD, LTD, Life and work-site medical packages available
- 401k plan
- Paid time off
- Some relocation expenses may be provided
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications for this position, please submit your resume along with salary considerations as a single document (PDF).
In business since 1965, we have always offered an unmatched selection of the highest-quality fresh fruits and vegetables. Today, we stand for three generations of leadership and over 250 dedicated employees serving customers throughout Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, Arkansas, and Illinois.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.