Since its beginnings in 1893, Limoneira Company has grown to be one of the premier integrated agribusiness operations in the world. Today Limoneira Company and its affiliated companies encompass thousands of acres of rich agricultural lands throughout the state of California and in Yuma, Arizona along with strategic investments in food processing, fresh produce marketing, and specialty produce packing.
We are currently accepting resumes for a Pruning Manager to join our team in Santa Paula, CA.
The Pruning Manager is responsible for the proper forming and maintenance of citrus and avocado trees by developing, innovating techniques and implementing regional seasonal programs. This is an outdoor position; temperatures very depending on weather.
- Work with all district directors and managers to manage all pruning operations, companywide.
- Responsible for budgeting and proper execution for pruning operations in each district.
- Schedule all pruning work in each district to accommodate seasonality of crops.
- Conduct proper pruning techniques training sessions for all pruning crews.
- Provide guidance to all pruning supervisors.
- Implement pruning programs according to phenology of crop.
- Comply with all Safety and Food Safety rules.
- Other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an agricultural discipline or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with power hand tools such as chainsaws, power trimmers and hand pruners.
- Must be able to lead groups of farm workers, and provide guidance on the execution of pruning programs, as well as understanding the cost structure of all related practices.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish; (speaking, reading and writing).
- Valid California driver’s license required; must maintain clean DMV record.