Since its beginnings in 1893, Limoneira Company has grown to be one of the premier integrated agribusiness operations in the world. Today Limoneira Company and its affiliated companies encompass thousands of acres of rich agricultural lands throughout the state of California and in Yuma, Arizona along with strategic investments in food processing, fresh produce marketing, and specialty produce packing.
We have an immediate opening for a Ranch Manager to join us in our Cadiz, CA location. This position will be responsible for the daily, seasonal, and annual operations of the ranch. This is an outdoor position; temperatures very depending on weather.
- All farming operations for the Cadiz Ranch, including irrigation, pest control, fertilizing, frost control, composting practices, cultural practices and general tree and soil care.
- Scheduling personnel and daily operations on the ranch.
- Accountable for annual Capital and Operating Budgets for Cadiz Ranch.
- Manage all composting operations, including truck scheduling, raw and finished compost treatment, and all applications of material on the ranch.
- Coordinate harvest operations with Farm Labor Contractors (FLC) and Packinghouse personnel.
- Coordinate with Safety Manager to maintain an effective safety program that includes the training of employees in safety awareness and practice (in conjunction with HR).
- Coordinate with Food Safety Manager to maintain and train employees in the Food Safety program.
- Coordinate with PCAs and Spray Operations Manager to determine pest levels, spray strategies, and implementation of programs.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Agricultural or Business program or equivalent.
- Possess a Qualified Applicator License, and Pesticide Permit.
- Must have a good understanding of orchard cultural operations.
- Must have an understanding of computer skills (able to operate Microsoft Office and prepare financial budgets).
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- At least 5 years of ranch management experience.