LIV ORGANIC PRODUCE is a produce sales organization partnering with family farms and strategic packing facilities to bring the finest organic produce to market. This partnership allows our growers to focus on growing while LIV focuses on selling their products to national and local markets at sustainable returns.
Come share our success as a Quality Assurance Specialist.
Working between our facilities in Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA, you will be responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products in the warehouses on an ongoing basis and performing other related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality.
- Check produce in slots on a daily basis to make certain product that is set up for shipping is up to acceptable standards
- Communicate with buyers all quality issues and assists them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives the highest quality products possible
- Ensure products are being rotated properly during daily slot checking, and communicate any problems with rotation to the stockers and/or supervisors responsible
- Monitor variance reports for accurate accounting of spoilage, warehouse damage, truck damage, etc.
- Greet all internal and external customers in a friendly and efficient manner in order to ensure that proper customer service is maintained, and customer satisfaction and organizational efficiency are enhanced
- Inspect in-bound freight, warehoused product, and/or outbound product and document product condition
- Communicate regularly with necessary parties on the company’s status on product quality
- Analyze, identify, and propose action to the solution of problems associated with Quality Assurance
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies
- Interact with other warehouse personnel
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent