For better than 90 years, Live Oak Farms grown tomatoes and peppers have gained a reputation for quality that’s always above that of our competition. Our team members are committed to being the best we can be so that tradition can continue. We’ve transitioned from a seasonal grower/shipper to where we’re now supplying Bell Peppers to a growing customer base throughout the year. Our recent growth is creating a rare opportunity for one that can appreciate the value of a demonstrated legacy and meet the challenge of creating new opportunities for growth through a synergistic company-wide effort in a very competitive marketplace.
We have an immediate need for an experienced Salesman to join our established sales team, leading our company-wide Business Development efforts and always striving to exceed customer expectations.
We’re looking for a dynamic team player with a proven track record, and in recognition of your success, we’ll look to grow your position with the company.
You’ll be immediately tasked with launching our new winter Shadehouse Bell Pepper program and growing the profitability of our entire product line that’s produced in the Coachella Valley, San Joaquin Valley, Central Coast, and West Mexico. You’ll have the opportunity to expand our product portfolio through new supplier partnerships.
The position is located in Le Grand, CA, with an option for a remote working environment that would include frequent periodic meetings at the company headquarters. There will be periodic visits to various production regions, including Mexico.
- A track record of at least 5 years of successful experience selling fresh produce, developing short-and long-term business solutions with regional and national accounts.
- Experience in business development and account management.
- A high degree of initiative, proactive networking skills, and abilities.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to manage your support staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines, while carrying out multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Flexible, adaptable to change, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with customers, and vendors, both over the phone and in person.
- Ability to embrace being a team player interacting with management, growers, and others within a family-owned business environment.
- A strong knowledge of Famous and Famous BI, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, and various communication applications.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- A command of business-to-business communication skills.
- Bi-lingual, English – Spanish is a plus.
Compensation is salary-based (DOE), with medical, optional dental and vision, 401k and profit-sharing, and paid vacation and sick time. Performance bonuses are tied to margin-based metrics.