Live Oak Farms is a family owned regional tomato grower and shipper in the San Joaquin Valley. We’re looking for an individual with exceptional operations experience to take part in growing our company. Essential is that you’re a team player, with strong management skills, who can successfully implement production goals and consistently ensure the quality in every box that’s expected by our customers. As a key member of our team, you’ll be involved in strategic operational growth and the day-to-day leadership of Tomato and Roma tomato packing functions to maximize both productivity and profitability.
We’ll provide a competitive compensation package, including 401K and Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, and the opportunity to earn performance bonuses for your contributions to our company. As we grow, we’ll provide you an opportunity to grow in your scope of responsibilities.
Plan, manage, and execute all phases of Tomato plant operations, including production, quality control, product packaging innovation, maintenance (facility upkeep and capital improvements), and receiving.
- Design and oversee fabrication of in-house projects.
- Establish production protocol based upon company requirements for quality and profitability.
- Oversee development of new packaging and pack styles.
Strive to improve all facets of operations, including production efficiency, quality, workplace safety, reduction of product waste/shrink, and plant cleanliness using metrics to track progress against company goals.
- Collaborate with sales to ensure that packed product meets customer requirements, established quality standards, and is done at the lowest possible cost.
- Provide the Executive Team with reports identifying areas for short and long-term improvement in addition to daily production reports.
Management of optical sorting of roma and vine ripe tomatoes to maximize production efficiency in keeping with ROI metrics and customer expectations.
- Monitor product flow and adjust for maximum efficiency.
- Cross-train key individuals in the use of technology to maximize efficiencies and consistency in product quality.
Provide real-time management of all production personnel, reinforcing company culture in the optimization of people and the value they bring to the company.
- Maintain proper staffing levels, conduct employee evaluations, discipline and commendation.
Ensure compliance with government regulations in the areas of employee and food safety as they apply to the packing operation, including Wage & Hour rules and Anti-harassment and Discrimination Policy.
- Coordinate with Food Safety and Worker Safety to ensure all SOPs are consistently met.
- 3+ years general operational experience in food production, processing, or a related field.
- At least 2 years experience as a mechanical technician, preferably with packing line experience - troubleshooting and scheduled maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, while maintaining a sense of urgency and being able to meet and/or beat deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Famous, and team-centered communication applications.
- HACCP Certification.
- Experience with USDA Grade Standards and shipping point inspection protocol.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, or as business requires.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, to communicate with a largely Spanish speaking workforce.