Local Bounti is seeking to hire a Regional Sales Manager, to manage our sales efforts in the Colorado region. This role will include interfacing with clients at the store, warehouse, and corporate levels. The Regional Sales Manager position offers the opportunity to be at the pinnacle of the fresh produce industry with Local Bounti, a company hyper-efficient in sustainable, fresh produce. The incumbent will experience high visibility with clients and provide input in solving challenges through pest-free, local solutions. An incredible opportunity to be part of solving critical issues with the produce world.
The successful candidate has a strong background in fresh produce sales. Additionally, someone excited about entering a robust strategic program and establishing relationships with clients by offering vendor of prominence with retail grocery chains nationwide.
This position will be responsible for the growth and continued expansion of product sales and initiatives throughout the Pacific Northwest. This position reports to and works closely with the VP of Sales & Distribution to strategically implement sales goals that impact overall sales growth, business development, service, and profitability.
- Managing regional client relationships with retail grocers, distributors, and foodservice companies
- Meeting planned sales goals in the defined territory
- Tracking sales goals and reporting results
- Focus on meeting revenue targets, including meeting individual sales goals
- Communicating with and directing the tactical focus of any sales brokers or agents our company may work with
- Conducting store audits to check for price, quality, product placement, and competitor visibility.
- Attending industry trade shows and events
- Continual development of your sales skills, and product knowledge
- Travel to our farm(s) and client locations as needed
- Assisting with product development tasks as assigned
- Promoting the organization and products
- Understand our ideal clients and how they relate to our products
- Minimum 5+ years of fresh produce sales
- Strong history working as a vendor to retail grocery
- Experience in planning and implementing sales tactics
- Strong relationship management capabilities
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability
- Collaborative mindset
- Dedication to providing great customer service
- Self-starter with a results-driven focus
- Ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50%