Founded in 2011, Lucky Taro has built a best-in-class reputation in being one of the industry’s top exotic Asian wholesaler and importer. Nestled in the heart of Los Angeles’ produce district, our air-controlled warehouse distribution facility has the capacity to ensure produce freshness at all times with an on-demand delivery fleet. Since inception, Lucky Taro continues to grow due to the substantial growth by building a strong network with the best growers, distributors and partners to offer only the highest quality of exotic Asian produce such as Big Taro, Hawaiian Purple Yams from Hawaii, Green Mango from Puerto Rico, Honey Jujube, Dragon Fruit, Mangosteen, Durian, Longan, Persimmon, etc.
We have an opportunity now available for an Outside Sales Representative in the Los Angeles area.
The Outside Sales Representative will generate and expand business with current and future customers by establishing long lasting working relationships and providing excellent customer service and follow through. Address and meet the needs and concerns of customers. Be proactive in communication with both customers as well as internally. Maintain a working knowledge of market and growing conditions and communicate this effectively to customer base. Present and manage profitable customer programs. Communicate effectively and proactively with buyers, operations and sales support staff to meet customer needs and expectations. They will do this by in person visits within their assigned territory.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years of outside sales experience in the food industry with a proven sales record, preferred
- Ability to work independently, self-motivation and desire to succeed a must
- Strong communicator willing to make “cold calls”
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency - MS Word and Excel, and Produce Pro Software Knowledges is a plus consideration.
- Dependable vehicle with safe driving record & proof of insurance
- Able to work flexible hours and day’s as required by the work load
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a person who wishes to be valued, make a positive impact and be rewarded for it. To that end we offer a generous benefits package that includes Excellent & Opportunities for commission and bonus Packages.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.