Mann Packing, a Del Monte Fresh company, employs more than 800 people. From quality assurance inspectors to marketing specialists, we all work hand-in-hand to provide only the finest fresh vegetables to today's consumers. We survive ever-growing competition because of our adherence to quality. We give our customers full value and treat them fairly. This is why we continue to grow.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager of Procurement & Inventory to join our team in Salinas, CA.
This position will be responsible for sourcing all raw product material needs for operations and whole case sales for the Mann Packing Division as well as have responsibility for overseeing packaging replenishment, inventories, and review pricing with sales, to meet profitability objectives. In addition, this role will oversee Buying for Equipment Parts, goods and services. This role has a dotted line reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Purchasing.
- Purchase all non-internal sourced raw product materials and packaging for operations.
- Responsible for packaging materials purchases and for Mann Packing Division (Corrugated/Plastics/Labels/Tags/pallets).
- Accountable for Inventory Management Systems & Processes.
- Secure cost efficient and reliable transportation of goods to the facility.
- Manage just-in-time (JIT) inventory levels for all products, including packaging, with an average of two turns per week.
- Partner with corporate purchasing to build a network of suppliers and vendors from multiple growing areas to ensure the best product is procured, at the best price and delivered quality.
- Responsible for purchasing MRO parts and materials for Mann Packing Division.
- Develop strong relationships with internal team to ensure accuracy of information received, and availability of proprietary products.
- Collaborate with sales, production and quality assurance to manage all of the above, consistent with customer needs as related to production, quality and cost.
- In conjunction with the management team, ensure all profitability goals are met and/or exceeded, and all procurement costs are within budget.
- Work on other projects as assigned, including but not limited to, assisting corporate management team with sourcing and contracting, when needed.
- Ensure compliance to SOX standards, and Narratives are in place and followed.
- A degree in Business and/or Procurement, from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- At least 4 years prior experience in a supervisory or management role.
- 8 years prior experience as a Buyer or procurement specialist, in a fast-paced environment, or in a similar role.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and communication (i.e. verbal and written) skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- In Depth Knowledge of JDE Systems and Processes.
- Applied Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Systems for Materials Procurement.
- Ability to work across many departments to resolve issues and build procurement systems and processes.
- Ability to develop others skills and abilities.
- SOX Systems.
- Inventory Control Systems.
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish.
- Working Knowledge of SAP systems and processes.
- APICS Supply Chain Certification.