Maui Fresh International is a wholesale produce distributor operating in the LA Produce Market.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Specialist for our LA Produce Market office. If you are looking for a new challenge, we are interested in talking to you. As a member of our Quality Control team, you will be responsible for inspecting quality and condition of product being received.
- Effectively and efficiently inspect quality and condition of produce being received into the warehouse.
- Report any issues or problems to General Manager and Sales.
- Inspect produce already in inventory and report back to GM & Sales regarding issues or problems.
- Follow all Company rules and policies including safety regulations.
- HS graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read and write clearly including the ability to communicate work issues in a clear, professional manner; fluency in English is helpful but not required.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to have full use of both hands and fingers, i.e. simple grasping.
- Working knowledge of similar operations in the produce industry.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member; high level dependability and work ethic.
- Commitment to the company's values and ethics.