We are currently looking for an experienced, high-energy, self-starter for the role of General Manager to join our US Division Team (Texas-Rio Grande Valley) in efforts of selling Mexican avocados year-round to retail, wholesale, and foodservice customers across the US.
The General Manager’s responsibilities will include P/L of the division, personnel leadership, inventory management and strategic product sales by identifying, managing, developing, maintaining, and growing customer accounts for short-term transactional sales and long-term business development.
This position requires excellent organization, a strong sales background, two-way communication, and most importantly, follow-up skills.
- New account development
- Contract sales/FOB sales/program selling
- Solicit new business through outside and internal channels
- Understanding and management/ involvement of financial statements
- Management of virtual inventory
- Sales planning and market forecasting
- Order entry and tracking of shipments
- Ad and promotional planning
- AR, AP, and asset management
- Perform additional duties assigned by Ownership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Must be bilingual
- Preferred 5-7 years minimum of produce sales experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Existing customer book of business is a plus
- Knowledge of the Avocado category a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other business technologies
- Customer service focus
- Flexibility to travel to locations including, but not limited toTexas and Mexico