Do you have a passion for produce? Do you have an established “book of business” including Retail, Foodservice, Wholesale and Broker contacts?
Do you have a clear understanding of the fresh produce supply chain?
Then we want to talk to you!
We’re MexFresh Produce a grower/shipper, importer and marketer of the highest quality tomatoes and vegetables grown in Mexico. Our strategic partnerships with the best growers in Mexico warranty year-round supply and the highest standards of food safety. We continuously invest with new growers allowing us to offer a wider variety of products to our clients.
As our business continues to grow, we find ourselves with an amazing opportunity for a Produce Sales Professional to join our team in Edinburg, TX and expand our hot pepper, cucumber and lime division.
The successful candidate will manage and grow existing accounts, bring new business to our company, meet sales goals and company objectives. They will possess a strong knowledge of fresh produce, a proven sales track record, along with the vision, drive and energy to contribute to the growth of our organization.
The person we are looking for has:
- 3-5 years of experience in the Fresh Produce industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 2-year Associates degree will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, highly organized, detail oriented.
- Successful experience handling season-long programs and bid prices
- Self-motivation and self-discipline to generate new business and maintain current relationships.
- Ability to create a healthy gross profit each week.
- Ability to travel to meet with existing and potential customers.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Ability to use MS Office Programs, inventory and order management software.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a commission and bonus program, and comprehensive benefits package.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a great company, and advance your produce sales career.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.