Our network of companies brings together grower, processor, supplier and customer relationships that are long-standing in the industry and well-developed over a range of commodity segments. We are currently looking for an energetic and solution-oriented person to join our finance and accounting team. This is a great opportunity to become part of a forward thinking company and work in a fast paced and performance driven environment.
The Staff/Cost Accountant is responsible for supporting the financial needs for the company and its various divisions/departments. This position will partner with management and operations personnel to ensure accuracy of inventory, production costs, and general ledger accounts and fixed assets. In addition, this role will help implement and maintain accounting and inventory controls, and ensure compliance with company policies regarding fixed assets.
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities including review of the general ledger accounts, reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries.
- Maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Process and track loans and interest calculations.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Investigate inventory cycle count variances and resolve issues.
- Set up bill of materials and maintain master file for new products.
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions to lower production costs, minimize inventory shortages, and reconcile discrepancies.
- Provide cost reporting analysis and recommendations to management and operations teams.
- Aid in the annual budget process by evaluating costs, analyzing variances, preparing analysis and reports.
- Partner with Operations team on a daily basis to validate flow and accuracy of data to financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ progressive experience in the above described areas of responsibility.
- Previous experience in the agricultural industry required and working knowledge of Famous software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to perform analytic review of financial information to identify inconsistent results, research and recommend corrective action.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with sales and senior management to build a high level of confidence in the work produced.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and possess strong organizational skills.