The FDC Manager will be responsible for the following:
Value Added Processes (Avocado Ripening Process, Bagging, Specialty Packing):
- Plan, direct, execute, and monitor the ripening process. Communicate all issues that affect the ripening process.
- Plan, direct, execute, and monitor the bagging and special packing processes. Communicate all issues that affect the processes.
Inventory Management and Fruit Utilization
- Control of inventory daily; ensure accuracy of all inventory, documented quality evaluations of inbound and outbound product, utilization of inventory to ensure highest sales value and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with sales to interface with customers, buyers, and/or receivers on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction in their region.
- Build and maintain an organizational environment which promotes positive staff morale and performance by designing and implementing best practices for the company that results in the best human capital and skills to accomplish the organizational mission.
- Communicate weekly and monthly FDC productivity including, inventory, shipments, quality, rejections, labor KPI’s.
- Communicate with sales, sourcing, inventory, accounting, transportation, and HR all related FDC information.
- Develop operations system improvements by analyzing process workflow and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes.
- Act as the subject matter expert in produce and train staff on produce quality indicators and best practices.
- Facilitate a profitable operation that produces safe quality service efficiently.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or minimum of 5 years of work-related experience within the Produce Industry, Distribution or other related industry.
- Business acumen essential.
- Proof of experience developing and lead a team to obtain high performance. Able to coach, develop, and motivate others within and across the organization.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proven ability to be result focused, metric driven, and translate priorities and actions into measurable results and hold self and others accountable to achieve individual, departmental, and company goals.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused with changing objectives, deadlines, and priorities beyond one’s control.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong ability to effectively identify problems by framing issues, leveraging data, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to work in temperature-controlled environments that can range anywhere from 34 – 42 degrees.
- Willing to travel.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.