The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing all procurement initiatives and business relationships with suppliers. This position executes the selection, evaluation, and negotiation for our product.
- Evaluate and cultivate business relationships to optimize return on investment
- Leverage knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term procurement and sourcing strategies
- Deliver value, drive continuous improvement, and provide savings by applying strategic sourcing leading practices
- Creates a globally uniform procurement organizational structure and processes; manages to sustain a competitive advantage
- Develops and executes supplier base optimization strategies that yield the most economic supply/service cost results
- Work collaboratively with partners from other functional areas to deliver business objectives
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to collect and interpret data. Ability to research and problem solve independently
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group solving situations, use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, share expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focus on solving conflict, not blaming, maintain confidentiality, listen to others without interrupting, remain open to others ideas and try new things
- Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others views, able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Measure self against standard of excellence
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a degree in materials management, economics, math or related business discipline or equivalent job experience
- Minimum of five to eight years of professional experience with at least one year in functional purchasing, preferably in a fresh produce environment
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) required
- Demonstrated ability to generate and understand reports
- Demonstrated strong team, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of AS400 or similar ERP System for business analysis
- Ability to pick up 25lb boxes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse work group