When you think produce, it’s not out of the ordinary to think green fields, friendly farmers, or simply that beautiful looking fruit and vegetable display at your local grocery market. At Mondo Fresca Produce, we know these all too well. Coming from a history of farmers from Sicily, Joseph DiBennardo and his father, Salvatore DiBennardo, are experts in the produce industry. With a combined experience of over 35 years, Mondo Fresca has evolved in a short period of time. Founded in 2011, Salvatore’s son, decided to take what he has learned from his father, and applied it to best serve all of his customer’s needs.
By applying our principles of leadership, integrity, trust and our strong commitment to one another, we help each other prosper for the benefit of the individual.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mondo Fresca is focused on the diversity, safety, and training of all of our employees. We are able to offer excellent benefits in addition to wages, such as health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer you a safe and enjoyable work environment in which you can grow and advance. We offer all associates a comprehensive Benefit Package.
We are currently seeking Produce Sales Executive.
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help our customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs. An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.)
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings
- Participate in ongoing training sessions
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special-order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested
- Lift/carry laptop and product weighing 1-40 lbs, occasionally up to 75 lbs, to and from car, warehouse, customer locations, etc
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts.
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
- Basic Qualifications:
- 5 Plus Years Related Outside Sales experience
- Basic pc skills and proficiency with MS Outlook
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided