Monterey Botanicals is not your average cannabis brand emerging from California. Monterey Botanicals represents the coming together of cannabis cultivators and entrepreneurs that have operated in the cannabis space since its infancy in the medical platform with leaders in the commercial agricultural industry.
We are currently searching for a Bookkeeper/Accounting Specialist to join our team in Salinas, CA.
The Bookkeeper/Accounting Specialist will bes responsible for meeting monthly deadlines for closings; monitoring and validating A/R, A/P and P/R entries. to assure accuracy of accounting, as well as coordinate preparation of annual tax returns. May handle special accounting projects, pro-formas and assist with budgeting.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter that needs very little management or direction. The Bookkeeper must be comfortable working with confidential and high priority projects with a focus on excellent time management and organization. Applicant must be able to provide exceptional administrative support and bookkeeping in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
We are looking for some one with:
- BS degree in accounting or related field. Equivalent accounting experience will be considered
- Experience with preparing financial statements, ad-hoc reports, sales tax returns, year-end closing tax preparation, fixed assets and inventory
- Experience preparing for and participating in external audits
- Minimum two years in an accounting environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accounting process development skills
- Proficient in use of PC and Excel
- Experience in greenhouse operations would be a huge plus
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to join an exciting, fast-paced industry with unlimited growth. We are searching for savvy professionals who are looking to progress within a company.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.