Monterey Mushrooms is second generation, family-owned and operated agribusiness that was established in 1971 in Royal Oaks, California. Today, we are vertically integrated company and control all aspects of mushroom production from seed to customer/consumer.
As an international, multi-facility company, with 10 mushroom growing farms strategically located throughout North America – Monterey’s mushrooms are literally “locally grown” nationwide. This means that we are positioned to deliver the best, most innovative mushroom products possible to consumers throughout the country.
We now have an amazing opportunity available for an Operations Supervisor in our “Powder Division”.
The successful candidate will oversee the Powder Division’s operations including production, sanitation, quality assurance, maintenance, shipping, inventory, and coordination with sales. You will manage all employees in the department from interview through termination.
This is a is a hands on position where you will work closely with all aspects divisions operations, from raw product, to finished goods
We are looking for has the following skills and competencies:
- Planning and Organizing – Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
- Creativity and Innovation – Initiates conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative strategies and opportunities, creative thinking, and problem-solving, promotes a creative climate.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making decisions, displays intuitive judgment, shows timeliness, and conviction in making recommendations and decisions.
- Teamwork and Relationship Building Skills – Assists team members in accomplishing their objectives by helping things go right, establishes effective working relationships and promotes team efforts.
- Adaptability and Change Management Skills – Ability to change to fit changed circumstances. Has the skill to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- Develops Subordinates or Self – Helps subordinates learn and grow, maintains current knowledge in the field.
- Communication and Cooperation – Effectively communicate upward, downward, and laterally. Prevents unproductive responses, improves the effectiveness of communications and interactions with others.
- Accountability and Productivity – Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance, and solves problems that impede productivity.
- Good written and Oral communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Time management skill
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multitask
- Computer Literacy
- BS or BA degree in Manufacturing, Production or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of Supervisory experience that includes QA and food safety
- Familiar with HACCP, GMP, OSHA, requirements
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish Experience in production and/or manufacturing environments
- The ability to transfer, style, tone, and culture elements accurately from one language to another.
Take your produce operations career to the next level. A great and supportive company, and a product line of only the finest product line available.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.