Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, motivates, and holds forepersons accountable for delivery of departmental objectives.
- Interfacing with other departments to ensure that product is properly selected and overall Farm goals are met.
- Work with HR to maintain proper staffing and enforcement of personnel policies.
- Works with Quality Assurance to pack a high quality and safe food.
- Work with Safety Department to ensure a safe work environment.
- Interfaces with vendors to have readily available supplies when needed and the appropriate quality.
- Managing current projects and planning future projects.
- Observe and practice safety and housekeeping procedures always. Attend and/or conduct Safety Meetings.
- Perform all requirements of sanitation, GMP/HACCP standards, including hairnet where required and personal hygiene policies.
- Budgeting and monitoring of performance standards.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists other departments and activities in packing related issues.
- In addition to managing current direct reports; this position manages all employees of the packing department and is responsible for the performance management within that department.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting and training direct reports.
- Is responsible for reviewing performance and administers corrective action.
- Plans the work schedules, assigns duties, tracks absenteeism and reviews work to ensure quality standards.
- Responsible for monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance.
- Observes and practices safety and housekeeping procedures at all times.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Minimum 5 years’ experience in food packing using over-wrap machines, date coders and labelers
Minimum 2 years supervising a food packing operation
Excellent communication skills
Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
Bi-lingual a plus
Supervisory experience managing multiple lines/personnel simultaneously
Ability to develop and promote a strong team environment
Mentor and development of supervisors and subordinates
Develop, promote and measure KPIs to achieve and exceed targeted goals
Organize the department for maximum daily efficiencies and productivity