Since 1918, the Moonlight family of companies have delivered the finest fruits from California’s heartland to customers around the globe. Fruit is our focus: peaches, nectarines, plums, pluots, table grapes, oranges, lemons, mandarins and pomegranates to be exact.
These are the staples of Moonlight. With nearly a century of experience growing, packing, and delivering them, we know these fruits better than anyone else. Fresh, flavorful, sweet and juicy.
That’s a Moonlight fruit. Try it for yourself and see what we’re made of.
- Responsible providing overall direction, guidance and supervision to the operational personnel throughout the execution of the produce receiving and packing functions
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the supervision of personnel and operational activities.
- Responsible for employee performance and disciplinary protocol
- Ability to direct and delegate work to facility personnel
- Communicate daily with Sales and Upper Management on packing production, managing labor costs
- Works with Human Resources to hire and maintain adequate department staffing.
- Works with Maintenance Manager to ensure all facility equipment are properly maintained and equipment programs are scheduled regularly
- Works with Food Safety Manager to ensure proper housekeeping and sanitation of facility as well as maintain food safety program
- Monitor and recommend improvements in processes to increase facility/production efficiency
- Ensure that quality product is being produced, graded, packaged, and palletized according to Moonlight Companies standards and specifications
- Ensure all employees, machine and vehicle operators are trained/certified while performing their duties accurately and safely.
- Encourage and support a work culture of continuous improvement and employee safety
- Oversee shook inventory management
- Follow ethical and business-like manner in all interaction with employees, drivers, growers, customers, and contractors
- Other duties, will be assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bilingual Spanish preferred to communicate with majority Spanish speaking workforce
- Clean driving records and Valid CA Driver’s License
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in produce packing
- Ability to work extended hours; work nights, weekends or as business needs arise during harvesting season
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.